Tuesday 10 May 2011

Grow your own!

After a very difficult and eventful few weeks due to two of my children being hospitalised with Pneumonia, today we had some time out and went to the garden centre.  I am now revamping the back garden and included in the new layout will be a vegetable patch, or Holly's vegetable patch to be more precise.  Wow, have we bought lots to grow!
  • Potatoes
  • Cucumbers 
  • Strawberries (called 'Alice' so my daughter Alice will be delighted!)
  • Celery
  • Lettuce
  • Radishes
  • Mint
  • Beans
  • Peas
  • Cabbage
  • Tomatoes
  • Carrots
  • Peppers
  • Sweetcorn 
I think that's all!  I cannot wait to taste test the results.  Homegrown always has so much more flavour.



I also finally managed to buy a new pot for my Mother's Day gift - a little standard lavender tree.  The terracotta pot has the words 'Cottage Garden' around the rim.  Lush!   I have also potted up the two lovely little conifers in their pretty pots.

No comments:

Post a Comment