Friday 13 May 2011

Phew!

Well what a whirlwind of a couple of days.  Wednesday was my birthday and despite the nightmare that we've been through, my husband made sure I had a lovely day.  I was greeted with this from the children:


The picture does not do it justice - it is simply stunning!

And my dad gave me this (something I had spotted and wanted very much):



Then we went shopping where I got a lovely new top from Monsoon, new trousers to match from M&S, another top from Gap and some lush flipflops from Accessorize.  It's lethal going in to Accessorize - I want, want, want!

My husband then did a lovely BBQ in the evening and I didn't have to lift a finger.  I felt thoroughly spoilt, especially when it came to devouring a really lovely chocolate birthday cake.

Coming down to earth with a bump - today I have such a bad back that I've had to reach for my crutches again.  I hate it when this happens - just the smallest spot of gardening and my back cannot cope.

On to happier things - here is a photograph of the blind I made for the kitchen.  It is a Michael Miller 50s fabric and was so nice I just had to have it!  It was made very quickly because I was desperate to dress the window and make the kitchen feel more 'homely'.  I will endeavour to make a more substantial one in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment